UNIQUE SANITY

Yesterday, I looked at you with tears in my eyes,
As you roamed the street unclad;
With tangled hair appearing to have been stylishly tinted with dust.
Your beauty has refused to be consumed by the ugly shadow of lunacy,
Even in this state, I feel some sane men might still choose you over me.
You are my beautiful twin sister Akere,
Beautiful in every sense of that word.
You always got the better of everything which got me envious sometimes.
But little did I know of the fate awaiting you.
Do you remember mama died immediately you eluded her womb?
Yes you..because you came out last!
Now papa too has died of stroke triggered by your condition.
Yesterday, I watched you hawking your metal craps,
While receiving an imaginary phone call through a dirty shoe you held as a receiver.
Occasionally, you would laugh at nothing and talk to yourself.
Now tell me Akere, tell your twin sister..
Am I making any sense tonight?

Odion, show me some respect!
Dont think I'm unclad because you are blinded to the garment I'm clothed in.
Show me some respect.
When you hear me talk, don't call me mad because you can't see who I'm talking to.
Don't think I'm insane because you can't find what is amusing me.
Show me some respect!
Mind you....I see you and everyone acting funny too.
Since I moved to my new house, everyone seems to have gone mad;
Everyone except that old man that lived on the street whom we all thought was mad!
Papa cant be dead; I still spoke with him yesterday.
Was it a dirty shoe you were seeing?
No Odion, that was my mobile phone.
Papa spoke to me through it yesterday....I swear, I heard his voice!
And yes, he was about telling me something about you before the line disengaged.
Did you call those metals craps?
They are precious stones I bought from the market;
To resell at cheaper rates but no one would buy!

I feel stronger than I've ever felt in my life,
The pains are gone.
I have the strength to pull down five men at a time;
No more selective appetite.
I'm able to happily eat any available meal.
It's just that I feel very far from home;
I miss my son.
When will these people let me go?
If crase is the new sanity, let me go crazy and join the multitude.
I miss my son and I'm so worried about his safety;
Please help me take him far away from his evil father... my husband.
I want to see only what is apparent,
And hear only the audible
I want to market products everyone can buy;.
Help me Odion, help your twin sister;
Save me from this bondage in which I've been trapped.

Akere my dear sister,
I will try to help but now I need help too.
I have been struck with your kind of ailment,
Exactly the same trend yours followed.
Now I'm at the stage of the swollen tummy;
Which like yours, defies medical comprehension!
The stage that preceded your current unique sanity state.
The pain is excruciating and my strenght recedes everyday.
Help me Akere, help your only sister;
We shouldn't suffer the same fate because we are twins.

Odion! Odion!! Odion!!!
Envy has finally led you to doom.
Too late! You have attained the unique sanity level already;
That explains why we are mutually coherent tonight!
Now tell me Odion, tell your twin sister....
Why were you sleeping with my husband???

Comments