HELP GONE BAD (DAILY HUSTLE TO WORK~VOL 2)



On my way to work this morning in my usual BRT, thankfully I got a seat, passengers standing grabbed the hand rails tight as the bus drifted incessantly. I discovered a school boy not far from me and my heart bled for him as he moved uncontrollably to the whims and caprices of the bus.

He wasn’t tall enough to hold the handrail suspended from the ceiling so he clung to one of the chairs and I could see resentment in the face of the lady sitting on the chair as he hit against her continuously. Hey..I stretched to help with his school bag, “Come let me lap you’’.

I was stunned by the reaction of people around me as they chorused in loud whispers arh..agbalagba ni oo, ..no be small pikin. The seemingly little schoolboy dressed in a check material was a midget! I must have been blinded by my urge to help to have missed the apparent. He had hands-free plugged to his left ear and held the infamous Techno phone shielded with a Gucci pouch..ifuknowuknow. Haa..I’m sorry sir, I stood up in shock feeling bad for embarrassing this little man and he just sat down immediately on my seat wearing an angry look without even murmuring a “thank you”. Shuu..Na my offence reach like that? I stood till the end of the journey!

As he stood up to alight at Leventist Bus stop, he brushed past me and without saying a word, gave me his business card. I almost hissed and ignored him but the good girl in me wanted to be polite. I waited for him to get off the bus and peered through the card.. Okon Bassey aka Arab Money. MD/CEO  Overseas Business Center !

But seriously, why should my week begin like this???!!!

To read DAILY HUSTLE TO WORK~VOL 1, CLICK HERE

Comments