SWEET VICTORY

And the long awaited contract clicked,
But nanny had a flu, grandma was far away;
So, little Bobo had to tag along with her to sign the agreement.
To her amazement, Madam T was Taiwo Badmus.....her childhood neighbour.
Together with her husband, they were warmly received.
And they chatted away happily catching up on old times, almost forgetting Bobo.
Madam T ordered pizza for him which was delivered in no time;
He gladly munched a few slices...
But only for a while was he excited; he wore a long look on his face!
"Cartoon"? Madam T was bent on satisfying Bobo.
So she pleaded with her husband to go watch the match in his room.
Bright disney images flashed through the screen in a jiffy,
But only for a while was he excited; the long look came again.
She gave him her ipad to play games on,
She brought out toys, jigsaw puzzles and racing cars;
A bike to ride which she thought finally won his heart.
But only for a while was he excited; the long look came again!
And just when the duo decided to get straight to real business,
Bobo burst out aloud:
Mummy, this place is too boring joor;
They don't even have children!!!
And those words were said staring straight into Madam T's eyes,
As if she wickedly decided not to have children!
With moist eyes and trembling fingers, she fondled around the cushion for her phone.
"Idowu"!!! She yelled angrily into the receiver.
"Please bring my kids right away. A guest has been waiting for them. Right away please..."
And even faster than the pizza, came the world's most handsome set of identical twins;
Delivered by a baffled looking uncle!
Bobo's face lit with pleasure as he saw his peers,
His mom was speechless;
Madam T melted into tears.
Thank goodness this didn't happen while I was still waiting on the Lord;
This happy moment of my life would have been otherwise.
Bobo's mom comforted her as they both watched the kids play after which they went to an inner room to conclude their business.
The erstwhile quiet house became filled with clitter clatter sounds.
Screams and laughter, running and jumping everywhere;
Until the exhausted kids climaxed, leaving the house in a huge mess!
A huge mess that coloured Madam T's face with smiles.
A huge mess she cleaned with joy!



Uncle Idowu and 3 others commented on this:

Uncle Idowu
Madam T hoards her twins jealously from her inlaws; even my mom...their grandma! I thought she had turned a new leaf when she agreed to let me take them out on independence day; little did I know that she wanted to frustrate my efforts! After generously paying the gate fee for 2 kids at Hi-Impact Planet Amusement Park and spending only 15 minutes when the fun had barely begun, all she could do was pick her phone to yell at me. She went on like, "Bastard! Bring my kids home right away!!!' Very erratic woman. I wonder how my brother copes with her!

Baba 'beji
You probably have no idea what it feels like to have waited on the Lord for fifteen good years with regular menstrual periods (permit me to emphasise)! Point of correction, she guards our twins very jealously even from her own family. But Idowu, I dont expect you to bring family issues like this into this platform.We both know my wife is a wonderful person even though she could be temperamental sometimes. I'm so sorry she yelled at you and probably called you names. Trust me...she didn't mean them. How much did you pay at hi-impact? I heard its quite expensive and yea...the kids would have really had fun with their vast collection of games. I will refund your money my wonderful brother. We all love you.

Iya Bobo
There's no limit to what these kids can say! For a moment, I thought I had lost the contract. I was being sensitive not to ask about her kids since it was just their wedding pictures in the sitting room and she didn't talk about kids. I wished the earth would swallow me when my sharp tongued naive son spoke! Words can't describe how happy and relieved I was to know that there were kids afterall. I still scolded naughty Bobo when we got home anyway.@Uncle Idowu:  She didn't call you a bastard; I was there!

Uncle Idowu
@Iya Bobo: You probably weren't listening. She did!!

Opeyemi Ojomu
Madam T didn't call you a bastard, Uncle Idowu. I wrote the story!!!




         


         Uncle Idowu is typing a comment ... ... ... ... ... ...










Comments

Karina Adams said…
Opeyemi this is brilliant... I love the comment twists. Kids are wonderful blessings from God. May all expectant moms have theirs. Amen.
Opeyemi Ojomu said…
Amen! Thank you, Karina. Sorry I'm just seeing this after 3 years! I'm glad you loved it.