SUMMER CHILL

Everyone says it's summertime,
But this cold I catch can't be denied.
The ice chilly breeze gets me numb sometimes,
Hmmmm...I pray the sun shines again.
Heart raced faster as months folded to weeks,
I will be seeing the groom that hasn't kissed the bride.
I will be seeing the man I married..
Now here I am with him,
With the man I fell head over heels for..
The man I whole heartily agreed to spend my life with.
But something seems amiss....
He seems like a stranger to me!
And I feel more like a stranger!!
Cos I'm in fact in a strange land!!!
That soothing soft voice he uses for me is gone,
The way he teases and laughs at me..ditto!
He's more amused by his TV programmes...
Or when speaking with his friends.
Yes..he still shows care but in a formal way..
Plain and unmistakably devoid of emotions..
All just seem blank....
Those fantasised passionate cuddles still remain fantasies .
Did I fall short of expectations???
No...it's not me. 
He should welcome me to his land,
He should make me feel loved and wanted.
It's a strange world....
I stare into an old picture of us,
Above his cd rack in the sitting room..
I was the happiest woman in it...
Loving somebody,somebody loving me back.
If I were given a second chance ,
I would choose to remain single forever;
Savouring  the love/attention of the man in the photo,
Than to suffer this summer chill...
Now I crave for that man in the photo,
More than ever before...
The spark felt a thousand miles away can't be felt in close proximity;
What a defiance to chemistry!

Really, It's a bit unnerving it's summer;
Yet I complain of the weather.
Then what happens in the freezing lonely winter???
Here on the sofa I lie,
My blanket shields me from the chilly summer feel.
I stare into the picture of us again,
And for the umpteenth time with damp eyes, 
I pray the sun shines again...

Comments