BACK IN THE DAYS

Come with me to my childhood days,
Where the music of Shina Peters brought life to every party;
And the hits of Bobby Brown gave it a foreign taste.
Not the noise of Terry G,
Or the obscenities of Konga.

Yam and salt spiced palm oil,
Was breakfast sometimes.
And we ate joyously;
Still brought home good grades.
My little niece cant stand yam with stew.
It must be egg...
Well spiced with beef!

In my long frock gowns,
I walked like a queen.
Not like our children now,
In their singlets called spag!
With my koroba styled hair,
The world saw through me.
Today,a million braids can be seen on a kid!

'Baba dudu' and 'ekano gowon',
Were kit-kats of my time;
With snacks like kokoro,My day has been made.
These kids chew toblerone,
Till their milk teeth ache.
And they do so carelessly,
Then mess up the loo!

Pomade was my grease,
Like a dazzling star I shone.
Now they prefer lotions,
Sweet smelling poisons...
At their tender ages,
They irritate their skins.
Pardon their ignorance,
Their mothers are to blame.

Abortion belts were worn,
By our aunties who had strayed.
Fastened under blouses to hide their evil aims.
Now we seem not to care,
As we flaunt them above gowns;
Whoever has a mouth,
Let him say what he wants!

As we sprang into maturity,
We heard abstinence was key.
Our mothers proudly said,
They were deflowered by our dads.
Now an under-15 says:
Sex is like charging phones.
You just need to be charged but wear a condom!

Follow me to the days of 'Tales By Moonlight',
Good old days of yore.
Come with me to my childhood days,
Where APPLES and BLACKBERRIES were mere fruits!!!

Comments